Roller shutter doors are popular for their various security features. Strong, durable and weather-resistant, roller shutter doors do an excellent job of protecting your premises from intruders and adverse weather.
However, up until recently, roller shutters weren’t known for their insulative properties. Thanks to new insulated roller shutter doors, customers receive all the great advantages of a roller shutter — but with superb roller door insulation too!
In this article, find out all you need to know about insulated roller shutter doors, including how they work and how they can benefit your business.
Do roller shutters block out heat?
While traditional roller shutters aren’t made to block out heat, insulated roller shutters are. Insulated roller doors keep heat inside of the premises thanks to the following range of features:
- Thicker doors — insulated roller shutters utilise thicker doors without sacrificing the speed or accessibility of a traditional roller shutter.
- Special foam-like substance — a specialised insulative foam is added to the door to retain heat.
- Secure fit — the opening is completely sealed when the door is closed to prevent warm air from escaping.
- Thermally efficient materials — thermal roller shutter doors are built with thermally efficient materials to retain heat.
Do roller shutters keep noise out?
Another benefit of insulated roller shutter doors is that the insulation acts as a barrier against sound in addition to retaining heat. Your premises will stay quiet and warm, irrespective of the conditions outside.
What are the benefits of insulated doors?
There are many reasons why insulated roller shutters are a great investment for your business:
- Save money off your energy bill — by retaining heat, you can keep your premises warm without having to turn up the heating. As a result, much of the money you spend on an insulated door will be offset by the money you save off your energy bill.
- Provides a comfortable place for customers — customers will prefer to spend time in your premises if they’re at a nice temperature. More customers means more business, meaning you’ll quickly see a return on your investment for the door.
- Added security — thicker doors combined with additional insulation foam create a stronger barrier against potential intruders.
At Royal Industrial Doors, we provide the perfect shutters, doors and grilles for your business. Whether you’re looking for insulated roller shutter doors, multi-industrial doors or electric roller shutters, we offer a bespoke solution, ensuring your security doors are the perfect size and shape for your business. We even provide comprehensive repairs and maintenance to ensure your premises are protected at all times.
Keep your business secure. Contact our team today to find out how we can help you.